Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

For Everything

I had the chance for a play with a new stamp set called 'For Everything' the other day. This is a sweet little set from the Summer Mini catalogue which includes the sentiment "Thanks for everything you do"as well as a stamp that says, "friendship" in an oval frame. This is one of the Two step stamping sets as the stem is a separate stamp to the flowers and so you can mix and match them to suit your design. This is a card I have CASEd (Copy And Share Everything) from the Summer mini catalogue on page 13. I used the Stampin' write markers and the blender pens to colour the flowers. There is also a lovely little rub on sentiment from the Chit chat rubons, also in the Summer mini - I love how many different greetings are in this rub on set and it comes with a sheet of white and a sheet of choc chip rubons. Cardstock colours are So saffron and Certainly celery. Ink colours are versamark (at the bottom of the card), Certainly celery, Pink passion, Elegant eggplant, Pumpkin pie, Summer sun, Real red, Tempting turquoise and basic black.

As soon as I saw the For Everything set I thought about using one of the flowers as a tail for the bird to turn him into a peacock! I think he's quite cute! I played on the Turquoise colour here by using that as my main card colour to go with the little birds bright colour. Other cardstock is Certainly celery, So saffron and Lovely lilac. I used the Stampin write markers in Tempting turquoise, Glorious green, Pumpkin pie, Lovely lilac and Pink passion to colour the bird.
Posted by Picasa
I hope this is a little inspiration for you. Happy Stamping!
Love, Claire

1 comment:

Genelle Little said...

Oh Claire, I just LOVE your idea with the little bird and the flower 'tail'! So clever, and so cute!