Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Faux metal effect

Hi girls!

This will probably be my last post until I return from NT. But I just had to share this fun technique with you! This is my latest swap in my Artist Trading Card (ATC) techniques swap and the technique is Faux metal. If you are into heat embossing then you must try this... if you are not yet into heat embossing then you must get into it and try this because it is such fun and a great effect!
There is a tutorial here on Splitcoast. Basically you use versamark ink and Silver embossing powder on cardstock and heat set four layers or so. Then you quickly whilst the embossing powder is still wet press a stamp into it. This is how I made the silver flowers on the ATCs. The recipe is below.


Recipe:
Cardstock: Kiwi Kiss, Whisper white
Ink: Versamark, Certainly Celery, Basic Black
Accessories: Heat tool, Silver embossing powder, Old olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Snail adhesive.
Stamp sets: Eastern Blooms and Best Yet.
Enjoy!
Love, Claire

No comments: