Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just Add Embossing!


Hello Girls!

Today I have a couple of cards to share with you. Both are inspired by the challenge over at Just Add Ink which is to Just add embossing. The first card uses two of my favourite colours, Not quite navy and Baja breeze. I was in awe of Danielle Daws take on this beautiful technique using clear embossing and brayering so I had to give it a go myself.

Project 1 supplies:
CS: Not quite navy, Baja breeze, Whisper white, Walk in the park DSP. Ink: Versamark, Not quite navy. Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Teeny tiny sentiments. Accessories: Baja breeze striped grosgrain riboon, scallop oval punch, brayer, heat tool, clear embossing powder.
My second project is a bit of a challenge to myself but I have included embossing on it. I used colours that don't normally appeal to me and also my Organic Grace stamp set which I have not used a lot. I am quite happy with the final outcome even though it's quite different for me. This project uses all retiring colours.

Project 2 supplies:

CS: Really rust, Handsome hunter, Mellow moss, Apricot appeal. Ink: Versamark, Apricot Appeal, Handsome hunter, Mellow moss. Stamps: Weathered (background stamp), Best yet (hostess set), Organic Grace (hostess set). Accessories: Hemp twine, stampin' dimensionals, heat tool, clear embossing powder.

Please remember that at the end of August many colours will be retiring with Stampin' Up. Please check with me to see which colours are leaving us and what you need to stock up on!

Happy Stamping!

Love, Claire

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I particularly love the first card. It's a great technique which I'm eager to try too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Christine Blain said...

Both of your cards are great, Claire. I LOVE that you've embossed and brayered over DSP in your first; it looks gorgeous. The unusual colours in the second card look really rustic (which I like!). Love the embossed dragonfly.

Paula Fuller said...

Very pretty Claire. You are so clever.

Tania Gould said...

Both are very pretty! Love the Upsy Daisy!!

Danielle Daws said...

They're both gorgeous! I love the first one the most though. :-)

AJ said...

They are both STUNNING! Great take on the embossing challenge, thanks for coming to play at Just Add Ink! xx

Claire said...

Thanks girls, it is always a pleasure to play along with your challenges :)