Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sale-a-bration and Summer mini card class

Hi my Stamping Friends!

Today I just want to share with you two cards that we'll be making this Friday night at my card class. Sale-a-bration and the Summer mini catalogue finish up at the end of March so I wanted to get a class in with some of these gorgeous products before they are no longer available!

Firstly we have a feminine Birthday card using our lovely Top note shaped die, Designer frames embossing folders and my fave new punch, The lace ribbon border punch.
The stamp set is called You are loved from the Summer mini and that lovely Calypso coral DSP is part of one of the FREE packs available during Sale-a-bration.
Around the Designer frame I have sponged on a little soft suede ink and then some of the shimmer paint in Champagne mist to make it look a little like a picture frame.
 
The second card is for the boys which is great because it's always tricky to make boys cards. Well, I have had on loan from my friend The Open Sea stamp set and it's fantastic! This was quite a quick card to make using a bit of a collage stamped background with sponging and then the white layer is simply stamped on and scrunched up then flattened out and sponged to give it an aged look.
The greeting is from the fabulous Hostess set, Happiest Birthday wishes and punched out with our circle scallop punch.
This card was inspired by the talented Teneale Williams... I am almost too scared to link to her because her original version is just stunning! This is a simpler take on it but I am still happy with it, as you can see I copied her background idea of layering the Not quite navy cardstock to achieve a border and then the stamping and sponging is similar to her card also.

Happy Stamping my friends!
Love, Claire

No comments: