Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Inkspirations 55 - Lemon Meringue Cupcakes

Hi my stamping friends!
This year I want to scrapbook more! My goal is one scrapbook page a month although I hope that by 'forcing' that first page each month, more may just naturally happen! Do you find that? That sometimes you just have to make yourself do one scrap page or make one card and all of a sudden the creativity gets flowing and you are on a roll? I love that feeling :)
I had a bit of fun this afternoon with Keesh's sketch challenge over at the Inkspirations website. I have had these photos of my hubbies creative cooking for a few months now and have been planning to scrap them and this sketch seemed to fit the photos well.
This sketch just screamed 'scrapbook me' when I first saw it... I hope you like what I have come up with...
Another part of inspiration for this little layout was the sweet Playdate DSP. I have pretty much stuck to the same colour combo as are found in the papers - So saffron, Tempting turquoise and Real red. There is a little Bashful blue and Daffodil delight in there also ;)

I know there is nothing 'new' about it but I just love this ruffled ribbon look at the moment. The cupcake has been cut out and mounted with stampin' dimensionals. And can you believe it, only one stamp on this layout from 'Art by design'.

Well I'll stop waffling on, I hope this inkspiration challenge inspires you to go and create something!

Happy stamping! Love, Claire

Colours: So saffron, Tempting turquoise, Daffodil delight, Real red, Bashful blue

Stamps: Art by design

Accessories: Playdate DSP, Mat pack and paper piercing tool, Scallop edge punch, Daffodil delight satin ribbon, Sticky strip, Stampin' dimensionals.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

H2 :) said...

I love that you have used the sketch for a cute scrapbook LO Claire! The colours, DSP & the popped up cake are perfect. Looks like hubby is a pretty good cook too! :)

Lee-Anne said...

Love the idea of a scrapbook page for this sketch. Those cupcakes look delish and I love the way you've highlighted them in the squares. Great colours and ribbon effect too.

Cindy Major said...

I like how you used the sketch for scrapbooking! :D

CIndy

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Sweet page! Good idea on the scrapbooking. I should do the same...I,ve been slacking. Hugs, B.

Marisa said...

What a cute way to use this week's sketch for a page :) Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

Fiona Harrison said...

That is sooo cute! My friend & I love making lemon meringue cupcakes (we use the Junior Masterchef recipe) and I really love how you've used the pic of the cupcake.

Thanks for popping by my blog too.
Cheers,
Fi x