Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Brayering







I find that as I spend more time practicing techniques and making cards that I am really enjoying the creative side of stamping. Something I love right now is using a brayer. The brayer is like a smooth rubber paint roller. You ink it up and apply the ink to gloss card stock to acheive a gradient look like you can see on the card here. I love my Owl together now stamp set and it was fun to use it on this little card. The cardstock colours are Not quite navy, Summer sun and Ruby red. The ink colours used for the brayering were Ruby red, More mustard and Summer sun. The branch, owl and greeting are stamped in Basic black and then coloured using Chocolate chip, More mustard and Always artichoke with the blender pens. The greeting is from the God's blessings stamp set.


Happy Stamping!


Love, Claire.

1 comment:

Paula Fuller said...

Claire, I really, really LOVE this card. Well done!!