Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Very Vanilla card For the Newlyweds




 Hi My Stamping Friends!

We had the privilege of being present at the wedding of my husband's cousin yesterday. It was rather special, as it was in Melbourne, and now that we live here, we were able to attend!

It was an elegant wedding and I based the card on elements of the wedding invitation. It was a simple ivory invitation with beautiful calligraphy in black. So I decided to start with Very vanilla and only use this one colour with a touch of silver and black.
I have been enjoying embossing the flap of the Stampin' up! envelopes which are available in Whisper white and Very vanilla. Naturally for this occasion, I chose Very vanilla to match the card. I have used the Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions Embossing folder on the card and envelope. The butterflies were cut out using the Big shot and Beautiful Wings Embosslit. The embosslits cut out the shapes as well as embossing them.  The Leaves are cut using the big shot and the Little leaves sizzlit die. The sizzlit dies just cut out the shapes. I also used the Itty bitty banners framelits to cut out the "For the Newlyweds" sentiment which comes from the Teeny tiny sentiments stamp set.
The little tags were made with the Tiny tags stamp set and punch.

 The card is finished off with some beautiful Very vanilla Seam binding ribbon and a rhinestone brad.
Thanks for looking!
I've been organising my stamping desk and have some pictures to share with you over the next few days so stay tuned!
Happy Stamping!!
Love, Claire
Posted by Picasa

No comments: