Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Something Traditional for Christmas

Here is a quick little card that we used at a recent workshop. I just love this Vintage wallpaper textured folder for the Bigshot and you may notice in the close up that the pattern pops a little on this card as we inked up the folder before doing the embossing (using real red - same colour as the cardstock). I really love this effect. 

Another popular effect I have noticed lately and that I have been using myself is this ruffled ribbon look. It's very easy to achieve - simply use a strong adhesive such as sticky strip by placing a strip on the card where you want your ribbon to go and then gather your ribbon by pinching it as you put it on the card. As long as you use a strong adhesive it works perfectly every time!

And the stamp we used is the Something for Christmas, one of the new alacarte stamps in the current Stampin' Up! catalogue. It's a very versatile stamp but here I've just used it with our Stampin' Write markers. 
The colours are Real red, Whisper white and Old olive.
Happy Stamping!
Love, Claire


Posted by Picasa

No comments: