Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Christmas Inkspirations!

Hello girls!!
Well I am just going all festive at the moment! I think with our baby due in November I am determined to be on top of things this Christmas so I have actually begun on making some Christmas cards. When I saw Makeesha's Inkspirations sketch challenge this week I thought of this Christmas wreath straight away. It is from the new stamp set, Welcome Christmas which I am loving playing with as it also has some beautiful little silhouette stamps of children toboganning and a family decorating the Christmas tree.

This really is quite a simple card - I am desperately missing having background stamps at the moment, I really need to get some new ones... and I also need to get some of the beautiful big shot embossing folders so that I can be back on board with decorating the backs of my cards! But to add a little interest I first stamped the wreath in Pear Pizzazz (One of the SU delicious new In colours) and used the Poppy Parade (another new In colour) Marker to highlight the berries. You may also notice if you look closely a few tiny little pearl berries. These are the new Basic Pearls - they are adhesive and just gorgeous :). The Merry Christmas comes from Teeny Tiny Sentiments. The ribbons are Real red Satin and Old olive taffeta.

Hope this has been a little bit of inspiration for you! Happy Stamping!
Love, Claire
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A lovely christmas card, easy but effective.

Claire said...

Thanks Melissa :)

Makeesha Byl said...

Super Claire! Love how you changed the sketch up a bit, and good for you getting Christmas sorted already... mind you it will be here before we know it! Thanks for playing. love Keesh x

Tennille said...

Hi Claire, I love Welcome Christmas too. I just thought I'd let you know I gave you a blog award for your beautiful cards!