Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

A Hoppy Memories album

We recently had a visit from my husband's lovely parents and it was such a fun few days! We did lots of great touristy things (a perk of living in a tourist area) including visiting Green Island, going Go Karting, shopping, eating out together. It was great! I wanted to share some of the photos we took with Julian's parents in a little memory album. I know they don't have scrapbooking albums so I wanted to make something a little smaller that they could either stand up on a shelf to display the pictures or close up and slide into their bookcase. This is what I came up with.
FRONT COVER

PAGE 1-2

PAGE 3-4

PAGE 5-6

BACK COVER

The colours I have used are Kiwi kiss (retiring), Tempting turquoise, Pumpkin pie, Real red and Whisper white. The album uses the Hoppy Memories Simply scrapping kit. I just love these kits for quick, simple projects. They contain cardstock, co-ordinating patterned papers and great little die cut self adhesive cardstock pieces with journalling boxes, cute pictures, letters and more. I used A4 cardstock to make this album. The front page uses a retired alphabet set and do not attempt such a title page with out a stamp-a-majig!! I also used the Cheep talk stamp set on the back page which is a thank you page for a swing set Julian's parents bought for our boys on their visit.
If you are keen to know more about how to make one of these little albums then contact me and I can arrange to run this project as a class for you. This can be an excellent Christmas gift for family or teachers and adapted to any theme.
Happy Stamping! Love, Claire

1 comment:

Paula Fuller said...

Claire this is very beautiful. It is a gorgeous keep sake of time spent together.